When to Consult a Pediatrician?
It’s really upsetting for parents when a baby is sick. The baby becomes more uncomfortable and miserable than normal, which makes parents pretty depressed too. If we talk about newborn babies then they probably cry more, feed less and sleep restlessly.
Parents take the best care of their kids but still, they fall ill at some stage. Each time when your child is sick you feel alarmed and seek medical help, especially when you have an infant.
Even throughout the first year of newborn, parents make many trips to the pediatrician’s office. Most of these visits are routine follow-ups or for recommended essential immunization, but some visits may be due to the need for immediate medical care.
In case of infants, it is necessary to get medical advice from your pediatric as infants cannot tell their pain.
Sometimes it’s hard to tell how sick your child is. Yes, generally rush to the hospital and consult pediatric for a simple cold or a cough, constipation, or sleep problems is not needed.
When should I consult the doctor?
See the doctor if your baby has any of the following:
- Baby is having temperature of 38 degrees / 39 degrees C or higher with rashes on skin
- A cough or cold that gets worse with no improvement in several days
- Suffers from diarrhea and vomits more than usual
- Baby has any kind of ear drainage
- Blood in the urine or has bloody diarrhea
- Baby is continuous crying for hours
- If not able to move an arm or leg, seems drowsy
- Any changes in skin tone has yellow, bluish skin or eyes
- Baby does not take feed or drinking for more than 12 hours
- Baby is having any kind of breathing difficulties
- Unconsciousness or lack of response
- Has bleeding that does not stop
- Some head injury with loss of consciousness and sudden vomiting
It is really fine to consult best ever Dr. Dinesh if you are not sure the baby is not sick.
Yes, if there’s nothing wrong with your baby and you really just want to consult a good pediatrician to make sure for the betterment of your little one, then go ahead and reach out to Dr. Dinesh Singhal for your peace of mind.
In this article, you learned about when to consult a Pediatrician.
Dr. Dinesh Singhal is an expert pediatrician who can help you with any health problems your kid is suffering from.
Feel free to contact us